The latest technologies in heating, cleaning, and operating your pool. Learn more about green updates »
Committed to safety
Ensure your pool is as safe and secure as possible. Learn more »
Valuable information on the latest pool trends, company news, and more.
Tips for Owners: Safely Storing Swimming Pool Chemicals
Attention to pool safety should not end once everybody is out of the pool. We urge all pool owners to trust pool cleaning, water maintenance, and chemical storage to our certified professionals, but if you decide to handle these responsibilities on your own, please use the utmost caution. Homeowners must adhere to the recommended safety guidelines below for use and storage of chemicals and products that keep swimming pools and pool water clean. While safe and effective when used properly, chemicals used in pool maintenance and pool cleaning can be dangerous if mishandled.
- Keep all chemicals in the original container and the lids securely sealed when not in use.
- Store chemicals in a cool, dry place away from other chemicals, equipment, and products used for lawn or home maintenance such as but not limited to lawn mowers, fuel, lubricants, pesticides, solvents, paint, and fertilizers.
- Do not stack containers.
- Do not pour water into chemicals.
- Do not mix different chemicals or combine the same chemical from old and new containers. Use a clean scooper for each chemical.
- Use protective devices to avoid inhalation and contact with skin or eyes. Immediately wash any residue from skin.
- Keep chemicals out of reach of children and pets.
- Beware of torn, faded, or illegible labels. If you do not know exactly what is in a container, do not use the chemical.
- Keep a detailed maintenance log and chemical inventory including purchase dates for each chemical.
- In case of emergency, call 911.
Remember, we have a variety of pool care plans for customers from New Canaan and Stamford to Garrison and Cold Spring, Nyack and Ramapo, and throughout the New York tri-state region. We serve Mount Pleasant, Pelham, Rye, Scardsdale and all towns in the Westchester County area as well. Call or email us to speak to a representative near you who can help find the right service solutions to meet your needs – all our employees are professionally trained in pool safety, and no company in the Northeast has more certified pool technicians than Shoreline Pools.